New Proposal: Reworked SAFE distribution for users

Read this, it is explanatory enough to recover your SAFE address

L2用户只有吃屎了。那你why开放L2呢?

1 Like

The previous distribution rules were aimed at teams of DEFI or DAO projects, because only they seemed to have obvious needs to use multi-sig wallets before, such as decentralizing the management of funds, security issues, and so on.
Most Ethereum users only use simple and convenient EOA addresses, and only a small proportion of them use multi-sig wallets due to financial security issues or just out of curiosity. The frequency and amount of these users are difficult to compare with professional defi teams.
The original distribution rules are very unfair, and the new rules are correct to include more ordinary users in the distribution.

Nice Proposal
It’s really cool.

Appreciate the amendments to also consider DAI, USDC and USDT

As already mentioned in this thread, I’m wary of potential sybil attacks and airdrop hunters on Ethereum mainnet. Although the risk is mitigated for the chains with lower transaction fees, there’s a large window of opportunity for spam vault creations post-announcement (esp. since gas cost is quite low these past few months).

If we haven’t identified cut-off dates, I’d recommend a similar $HOP token distribution campaign to evaluate whether the recipients safes can be deemed legible. More work to be done but its for the best IMO. We can leave this window up to the community to carry out the analyze

2 Likes

Were airdrop farmers filtered out?

Safe spin-off has been talked about since late 2020 I believe. Plenty of time for airdrop farmers to create hundreds of Safes.

I created Safe on ETH by copying from Arbitrum one but I didn’t find my address in sheet. So it means that was counted as a L2 Safe?

It’s unreasonable since it’s nature for a user rather “copy” than “create” a new safe.

If you create SAFE on Ethereum chain before 18th August, 2022 and most importantly made at least one transaction (outgoing or incoming) before 18 August, kindly search for your address using PC as finding it on phone may not not give accurate search.

1 Like

Hello,

Great to see the new proposal! And thanks to the team for listening to the community!
Just wondering if you could check my safe address. I created my safe in Mar 2022 and did make some transactions before the new cut off date (18/08), however I just checked the safe user allocation and my safe address is not qualified. My safe address is: eth:0xF55bF9FBccC3F6B468BEA79b89385164Df97AEDA. Thanks and all the best!

They wouldn’t know about the criteria beforehand so how could they have gamed the airdrop???

by creating contracts and making transactions, the scope of possible criteria is known from other distributions

2 Likes

am i eleigible if i am using on arbitrum gnosis and optimism safe

1 Like

Truly no airdrop distribution method and/or eligibility criteria can be :100:% satisfactory to everyone.

The major complaints about the new criteria is the extended snapshot date changed from 9th February to 18th August, 2022.

Since this newly released distribution pattern is still a proposal requesting feedbacks, I will like to add an input.

Even though I believe no airdrop hunter would like to waste his/her money creating SAFE on Ethereum after seeing @lukas post on twitter on 16th April, 2022 saying snapshot has been taken. The announcement which I believe many Airdrop influencer rebroadcasted to Airdrop hunters ear.

I believe anyone creating SAFE after reading @lukas post on 16th April must have created it and be using it without aiming for airdrop. If rewarding true users is one of the aims of this airdrop, I think they deserved it.

However, the possibility of some people trying to Sybil the token after reading the GIP-19 proposal on 9th February, 2022 (The proposal that declared a plan for governance token and Airdrop) should not be written off.
The GIP 19 proposal actually got people’s attention to SAFE and many created SAFE and the rich but gready hands will try to Sybil the planned reward by creating many SAFEs.

It is commonsensical to think that:

• SAFEs created between 9th February (token plan announcement date) to 16th April ( @lukas twitter post date) has higher chances of being created by Airdrop hunters or the dreadful Sybil attackers.

• SAFEs created between 17th April to 18th August were created by real users.

Regardless if the snapshot date extension is a well thought by the team or mistake, it is pointless disqualifying about 21,147 SAFE addresses which represents 39% out of the whole 55,719 eligible addresses.

Stats by me: refer to this comments to how it is computed

Here is what I propose
Adjust the distribution criteria as follows:

:one: Reduce the guarantee amount for all eligible SAFEs from 100 to 50 tokens
:two: Give another guarantee amount of 50 tokens to SAFEs created before GIP-19 proposal (9th February)
:three: Let the txn count and storage days count remain the same as used

How do feel about this my adjustment proposal :question:

• Fair - You deserve a hug :hugs:
  • Bad - You deserve a slap :rage:
0 voters
5 Likes

I created a Gnosis Multisig wallet over 3 years ago. I cannot find my address in the list. Can you please check

0x8dE84Fc39252Eea0C1c90aFe25bAcFFBd4B1e2Db

Best!

1 Like

Hi, likewise, I created a safe a good while back and my address hasn’t appeared on the list - 0xeEb0Faad16CD978a2da16393dA130ffB9864a618

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you for reply. I found my address on PC.
2022年9月2日 +0800 13:25 CaptainTee via Safe Community Forum notifications@gnosis-safe.discoursemail.com,写道:

1 Like

Lol you airdrop farmers shouldn’t get anything.

1 Like

I really think the real early users deserve their full allocation I’ve spent upwards of 30 thousand on my safes alone just on gas fees, minimum reward per should be like 10 tbh. They’d still be involved and rewarded for what they contributed better yet, I think the distribution should be like ENS and give bonuses per day safe was in existence, that’s a pretty good way to prove actual use along with having multiple TX. I feel like they took a Sybil proof proposal and just threw it in the trash with the updates. Thanks for writing this out btw, good feedback.

3 Likes

Would have been easy to game. I’d think like an airdrop hunter. Create 100 Safes. Do 1 or 2 transactions on each safe. Sit back and hope you get lucky.

I have no doubt someone will publish a list of $SAFE airdrop hunters.

2 Likes

Unfair from GnosisSafe.

You could distribute tokens from team members to new qualifiers, not users who built a wallet with very heavy gas. You reduced the tokens of old users without touching your own tokens. it’s shamefull. You ignored the high gas payment of old users.

If you make the decision, you should distribute from your own tokens. If you deduct from our tokens, you would consider our by-vote to approve the proposal. This is a simple #DAO. Changing the date of the snapshot after the announcement of the airdrop? Didn’t you laugh while making this childish decision?

1. Someone had tx AFTER snapshot when GAS on 5 and he was awarded more tokens than me. Have you thought before writing a new proposal? Or you woke up and said let me make a change. I have no problem with rewarding others. But you should not have reduced the token of early users.

2. ENS AIRDROP: The number of tokens each qualified user receives is based on a calculation that takes into account how long an address has held a domain.

2 Likes