[SEP #2] Community Initiative To Unpause Token Contract (Enabling Transferability)

Personally, I don’t think this change is not material or insignificant, just because it fundamentally changes the nature how this proposal is executed: from Wednesday on, anyone can run with it and the execution will happen automatically through SafeSnap which previously wasn’t the case.

The change in SEP-1 was quite different in nature as it really just fixed typos and a few phrases that were not left over from previous editing.

Of course, it is not about just you and me agreeing. As you’ve seen here in the comments and vote, even this small fraction of community members didn’t immediately agree on whether „not material changes“ as you call them should trigger a waiting period or not.

If you ask me, we should make it a priority to build up this DAO in a way results in effective decentralized governance. This include the perception of it, and if we now start to bend and tweak the rules at the very beginning, this DAO may lose credibility. I believe we should rather focus our efforts on introducing more fundamental proposals around governance and tokenomics (e.g., constitution, governance framework, OBRA/SGP) which will define these rules and let the DAO vote on them rather than us two try guess what might be in the interest of the DAO.

1 Like