[SEP #2] Community Initiative To Unpause Token Contract (Enabling Transferability)

Quadratic Voting, One person One vote❓I will say NO to this regardless of the outcome of this ongoing #SEP2

The primary purpose of $SAFE as at now is for governance- to gain voting power and vote.

I’m not against any other improvements people may propose but the Quadratic Voting doesn’t sit well from my end, I’m feeling like we will want to cut off the only use-case $SAFE token have at this moment.

As regard the current results on snapshot (about 50% - 50%), I would suggest we make announcement on the SafeDAO Twitter and to be retweeted by @safe educating people that they can over ride the decision made by delagetes if don’t agree with it.

They can only over turn such decision by voting directly with their SAFE which is the main owner of the voting power.

Right now, delegating to their EOA won’t give the newly delegates address voting power because snapshot of voting power has been taken at a specific block but voting with SAFE will work well but that comes with paying gas fee

I did the same here!!!

3 Likes

Dear sir, @nodeE
I understand how you feeling and I really want the token transferable too (verily, you know this) but I believe this DAO is still at the experimental stage and this type of proposal #SEP2 is a good one to know is set right and what needs improvements.

No one talked about voting power and no one would have bother about it if the current #SEP2 on snapshot didn’t turn out this way.

I’m glad to see some of the core team including the DAO coordinator seeing this as a problem that need fixing too.

So, I would suggest we keep supporting by proposing improvements where we deem fit. Taking it hard on the concerned ones may not be the best thing to do at this moment

Thanks for being active here and thanks for being among the few that made taking this #SEP2 to snapshot faster. I personally appreciate all you do here

4 Likes

What’s happening ? Why is the opinion of 1600 users ignored? I think we should unpause because the majority of the PEOPLE voted and not the Delegates. I said that without unlocking the token, the DAO will become a dictatorial platform where only a couple of people, and as we see very stupid people, can rule, even if we start voting again 1600 will vote FOR again and only 3-4 people will again be against, so we will be doomed always depend on their opinion! This is NOT DECENTRALIZATION, this is DIACTATURE! FREEDOM SAFE!!!

3 Likes

Yes, decentralization is in fact the most important thing in the crypto world, the essence of blockchain is to decentralize ownership to everyone, not a few with the most power :crazy_face:

3 Likes

We need win ! Not few idiots , we all DAO , WE WANT UNPAUSE !

1 Like

Make a new SEP,
Discuss it for over a month,
Then put it on the snapshot for the minority who have most power to vote against?

The whole process is under the control of the team/team related people, I have no interest in this kind of discussion any more.

5 Likes

agree brother, even after they took so much time, they want more time, crypto first, but they are moving very slowly, they have no headache to come up with token market.

3 Likes

what is the rationale behind NOT unpausing the token? a DAO token needs to be transferable at all times. If the team doesnt want to unpause, why introduce a linear vesting scheme for 50% of the SAFE tokens?

4 Likes

I think this voting is not counted. Some people use most of the safe tokens in their hands to control the discourse power of the community. A few people control the community, which is not decentralized at all. It is not dao at all. I suggest using the safe multi signature wallet to vote. One wallet address counts as one vote. Voting requires the consumption of gasfee. Even the whales with most of the tokens have only one veto, which can be relatively fair, This is the dao.

4 Likes

They are manipulating the DAO… QED…

3 Likes

The issue is not who users delegate their tokens to, users only have 3% of the voting power, and whether or not to delegate will not change the outcome, voting is decided by a small number of people associated with the team.

4 Likes

I hear you. This proposal has been long in the making and apparently there is a significant number of people who now choose to vote to make no changes/decide later but never explained themselves in this thread. That’s frustrating of course if you don’t agree with their opinion.

Let me just point out one thing, about the number of accounts voting for either option:

Are you sure these numbers are accurate? Let’s stick to the facts. Snapshot shows you the accounts who delegated to a given address. If you look at the data, the top 10 accounts by voting power represent a total of 1146 accounts which delegated to them. As of now, about 1750 wallets in total voted.

Meaning, the top accounts with a lot of voting power in fact represent a large amount of other accounts who chose to delegate to them. All of these accounts can still choose to vote themselves, if they wish to, and override the vote of their delegate.

However, and let me also stress this again: this is not to say that the process couldn’t or shouldn’t be improved. Quite the contrary! SafeDAO is just about two months old and we still have a lot of work to do to improve its governance.

5 Likes

Some people, frankly, are talking nonsense that has nothing to do with Tao!

for example : 0x869eC00FA1DC112917c781942Cc01c68521c415e
this adress say want fixed price for token , what the heck? How can you fix the price?

1 Like

According to the current number of tokens claimed by users, the voting power of users are only about 2.9%, so no matter whether users delegate tokens or not, it cannot change the fact that users have no any real decision power.

As for whether 1% of the people use the voting power to beat the 95% of the people, you can also calculate yourself to see if I’m correct.

1 Like

Don’t just use tens of thousands of users as your data to get funding, and then assign all the actual benefits and power to insiders, shame on you.

3 Likes

I posted my rationale here: [SEP #2] Community Initiative To Unpause Token Contract (Enabling Transferability) - #157 by MicahZoltu

I didn’t vote against unpausing the token, I voted against a proposal that included code that wasn’t explained/discussed in the proposal text and was lacking public comments from multiple trusted experts on the behavior of the transactions being executed.

Allowing the text of a proposal to say X and then the contract do Y is an excellent way to get your DAO governance attacked, so I think we need to set extremely strong community norms that make it a hard requirement that every proposal has text that includes a description of every action taken as well as references to trusted people who have reviewed the code and assert its correctness.

6 Likes

They won’t reply to this

1 Like

The current token holders only include users and guardians (correct me if wrong), as @nodeE said, the current voting power percentage of user is indeed unreasonable, since no one can buy tokens from the secondary market at present, it seems more fair to consider the voting results of this snapshot calculated in the way of one person, one vote.

After the secondary market is enabled, the tokens will circulate freely, and it is more reasonable to vote based on voting power at that time.

And I obviously feel that the team has not fully considered the details of the token launch.

If it is really just focused on building the product, why rush to launch the token? Knowing that launching a token in a bear market is not the decision of the community, it is the decision of the team. And if the token cannot be circulated, why vest it linearly?

I think you have set too many “defensive measures” against users.

3 Likes

It seems unwise to unpause the SAFE transferability given that token holders have nominal information to determine the value and utility of the token. It’s best to be equipped with information about the future of the DAO before the token is unpaused, ideally through a detailed roadmap.

Flipside Governance will not be supporting SEP #2 in its current form and waiting for more market information before supporting an unpause.

While this is a contentious issue and the voting period ends soon, we hope leaving the token paused for now will allow us to work with the community to outline and craft a roadmap that stabilizes SAFE by instilling token holder trust.

Having a roadmap will ensure that SAFE price discovery incorporates the future value that can be created by the community and DAO.

5 Likes

You may not support , but more 1700 people SAY YES . Maybe you dont understand what need people , and so bad for us .

P.S :

People want have TOKEN ( not clone/fake ) real token , people may transfer , sell , hold . If we block token we not DAO . You may sent few message more about you non support but in this thread 95% support unpause , and we not like people who want block our right on decentralization .

3 Likes