[SEP #5] Redistributing Unredeemed Tokens From User Airdrop Allocation

Since I have read some constructive feedback here regarding the voting options:

Yes, of course the voting options are not ideal. I’m not a fan of them myself, but I don’t see that there is any better alternative.

At least not until a new governance framework for SafeDAO is proposed (and ratified) that allows us to use ranked-choice voting and also gives us more flexibility in other questions.

If we add 2 more voting options (to cover other preferences), we are already at 8 possible choices. And this then becomes so complex that I no longer know whether the option that was voted for the most corresponds to the will of the majority.

But I think that the way the proposal is structured now, it accommodates everyone at least to some extent. And we have to think of a vote for one of the options that includes Allocation B as a two-step process: With this proposal a signal is sent out, and as a response to this signal hopefully different proposals surface ranging from re-opening the claim period to allocating tokens for an airdrop to L2 Safes. Or perhaps even an experimental “liquidity mining program” that rewards users with SAFE tokens for holding assets in Safes.

Those are fair points. At the same time, having a linear vesting schedule over 4 years without half of them upfront is perhaps an even better way to align interests for the long-term.

I think a compromise could be to extend the redemption period to 6 to 9 months, giving more time for tokens to accumulate and then be claimed/redeemed in one.

2 Likes