[SEP #5] Redistributing Unredeemed Tokens From User Airdrop Allocation

Everyone is always asking “Wen official vote?”, nobody is asking “How can I be helpful?”.

It is not my unwillingness that is holding up this proposal, but open questions when it comes to the technical implementation.

For example: Do we necessarily need to deploy new Airdrop contract(s), or can we simply create new vestings in the existing VestingPool via the addVesting() function? Who is the manager of the existing VestingPool?

Each vesting pool has a manager. The manager of a Vesting pool can create new vestings and can pause, unpause or cancel managed vestings.

When adding a new vesting it is required that enough tokens for the vesting are available for the vesting contract. Each time a new vesting is created the vesting contract will keep track of this, so that all vesting on the vesting contract are backed by the required amount of tokens. This ensured that there are enough tokens available for all vesting when they can be claimed.

Maybe I haven’t communicated that clearly enough, but I won’t be able to do this without the help of others, as this is not my area of expertise.

If anyone wants to help, here is a link to the GitHub repo, where the VestingPool and Airdrop contract from the initial airdrop can be found: GitHub - safe-global/safe-token: Safe Token

Of course, it would be ideal if the people behind Safe Foundation, who took care of the initial airdrop and therefore know more about it than anyone else, would help us make an informed decision by providing additional context about the technical implementation or perhaps even provide guidance on the best course of action.

In the last few days, I’ve exported the data showing the additional tokens each address is eligible for if any of the voting options that include Allocation A passes the official vote from Dune to Google Sheets, from where anyone can easily download them as CSV files:

(Those are the top 5 choices of the temperature check)

5 Likes