[SEP #5] Redistributing Unredeemed Tokens From User Airdrop Allocation

Here’re my thoughts on what to do with unredeemed tokens:

Regarding Daniel’s options of 1,2,3,4 -
I oppose 1 completely (for fear of governance power imbalance just because people didnt redeem a token)

I would much rather have another claim session opened up for users who didnt redeem it & broaden the pool of token holders within the SAFE community

I also like the idea of doing a broader airdrop to people who’ve participated in valuable governance based votes across values congruent communities like Gitcoin, DeSci communities etc

2 - I love the idea & feel we should open it up to broad DAO content creators & educators as well who can be capable leaders of the safeDAO ideals & developments

FTX was a byproduct of the crypto community, why? because for far too long, the industry fetishized developers & token related progress while neglecting the content creators, the community influencers… people who could spread the word about how to do things right in the crypto space forcing a lot of these people to turn into outright grifters or look the other way in the face of obvious scams

We finally have a chance to pummel self custodial solutions developed on Safe into the pleb collective mind as the paradigm shift necessary & for that to materialize, SAFE must invest in the right narratives, community education & content creation.

Also like @gokhan’s idea of a SAFE grant initiative for devs

1. It’s a token rightfully earned by the users & should be given out to the broad community, shouldnt be wasted earning 5% yield for the treasury considering the large war chest raised by the SAFE foundation

I would advocate opening up pathways to contribution for the community allowing them an opportunity to earn the SAFE token while it’s still non transferable… reason being at this point of time, you’re gonna get contributors who aint token mercenaries dumping on you by month end… contributors who believe in the SAFE mission so much that they are willing to work for the mission till SAFE develops the tokenomics & biz market fit required for the right launch & even more…the chances of contributors who get incentivized through SAFE now being long term are much higher now… so the community should take the lead on the pathways soon

Disclaimer: I’m a content creator in the DAO ops space

2 Likes