Update FAQ to explain $SAFE vesting after the initial claim deadline 2022-12-27

It could be useful to explicitly state how unvested $SAFE tokens work in relation to the 2022-12-27 claim deadline.

The FAQ under $SAFE Claiming App FAQ > Is there a deadline for claiming my tokens?, explains the following:

…you will have to create at least one claim of any amount of tokens until the [2022-12-27] 10:00 CET or your allocation will be transferred back to the SafeDAO"

My assumption from reading this is that once a wallet address with unvested $SAFE tokens receives 1 claim, the wallet owner will be able to claim future tokens that are vested past the 2022-12-27 deadline. If a wallet does not receive any claims as of the deadline the owner will not be able to claim any future vested tokens.

Potential refactor to add to this specific FAQ above

Existing

…Once this transaction is successfully executed, you do not have to claim any more tokens.

Addition

Once an address receives 1 claim the address owner will be able to claim future vested tokens after the 2022-12-27 deadline.

1 Like

Some more details for this.There are 2 steps in the airdrop:

• redeem
  • claim

Redeem will “accept” the airdrop and create the vesting for the specific Safe account (this step will not transfer any tokens).

Claim will allow you to transfer vested tokens from the vesting created in the redeem step to an account of your choice (we always use the Safe itself)

The claiming app performs the redeem step on your first claim, therefore it is necessary to perform a claim in the claiming app.

Some more technical details can be found on the contract docs.

It might be worth to create a help center article for this that can be linked.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing the contract doc above @rimeissner! I read the doc and the part that I think could be expanded upon is how a user can avoid tokens from expiring.

It seems that once a user redeems and/or claims $SAFE for a given address they will be able to claim future tokens that vest as well? In other words, the 2022-12-27 deadline is for users to make their initial redeem and/or claim.

If that is correct the FAQ linked above could be a good place to include this explanation.

1 Like

new redeem deadline FAQ article will go live tomorrow together with a new web app release that will bring governance and token information (including a warning about non-redeemed allocations) to the dashboard.

4 Likes

ouuuu! noice, sounds handy! :fire:

1 Like

Thank you for the info @jomoormann!

It doesn’t seem the $Safe Claiming FAQ has been updated yet based on the last updated timestamp at the top of the post. Also, I don’t see any new posts under Other FAQ.

However, after re-reading the FAQs the question above about only needing to make one claim before the deadline in order to have the ability to claim future tokens as they vest is cleared up for me. This answer can potentially be made more clear by adding at the end “Once at least one claim is completed you’ll be able to claim future tokens that vest as well.”

Is there a deadline for claiming my tokens?
Yes, you will have to create at least one claim of any amount of tokens until the 27.12.22 10:00 CET or your allocation will be transferred back to the SafeDAO. Once this transaction is successfully executed, you do not have to claim any more tokens. {Once at least one claim is completed you’ll be able to claim future tokens that vest as well.}

1 Like

The governance section on the dashboard is live since Thursday last week and the new FAQ can now be found here → SAFE allocation redemption deadline (27.12.22) | Gnosis Help Center

We will also publish a reminder in the What’s New section in the web app today.

3 Likes

The new FAQ is extremely clear. Thank you! :pray:t2:

3 Likes

Is there any way to make some proposal to extend the claim deadline? I had literally no clue the airdrop had started.

1 Like